Two girls, a house and Christmas lights...

starburster81

New elf
Hey all,
So I had some help yesterday from a few awesome members and thought I should introduce myself! I live in the southern outskirts of Brisbane and have dabbled in lights for probably the last 8 years or so. Just a few here and there. Last year we did a pretty big display, and this year it's even bigger. It's just us, two women in our early 30s who happen to love lights - I used to drive around and look at other peoples houses with envy. We don't synchronise to music, because we don't have that much time, but maybe one day, lol.
I'm pretty handy as far as electronics and tools go, more than most women I know. And if I can't do something, I'm not afraid to ask. So thanks to the guys who helped me out yesterday - you've saved me buckets of time and unending stress this year, thanks!
And thanks for being so welcoming :)

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL to the both of you.

First the disclaimer
Joining these forums and entering the chat room can give you CLAP!!! :D
Christmas Lighting Addiction Problem

Always friendly folks here willing to assist in growing your CLAP.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Welcome to ACL. You could still do an animated show rather than a musical one. Beauty of an animated is it is not in sync with the music just shows cool effects.

starburster81

New elf
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Welcome to ACL. You could still do an animated show rather than a musical one. Beauty of an animated is it is not in sync with the music just shows cool effects.
Animated sounds interesting... Not this year, for sure, but something I look in to early in the new year. We have a friendly rivalry with some neighbours across the street. Although their kids hate us - last year his son got up from the dinner table, walked outside and yelled "losers!" at us as we were testing the lights one night, lol. I shrugged it off but the dad brought him over, made him apologise and then took all their lights down as punishment. Thought it was a bit funny myself!

starburster81

New elf
David_AVD said:
Welcome to the (sometimes mad) world of Christmas lights! :)

I'm in Victoria Point by the way.
Thanks David, and thanks for all your help! We're in Marsden. Would love to come and check out your display this year :)

arw01

Full time elf
Nutcracker... very easy, you can hit random on the cells, play it, keep the cells you like hit random again..

Work great for animating and not spending a ton of time, and Sean has done most of the timing for you if you use the ones out the folders it installs.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL and as you are finding out there is a great bunch of members here always willing to help, so feel free to ask any questions