Unusual Visitors

MarcD

Full time elf
I'm sure we've all seen our fair share of strange and unusual things which happen when you invite strangers into your front yard. Here are some of my examples from 2015. I'm interested to hear others stories.

Monday night, there was this god almighty roar as five huge Harley's rumbled into the street and parked across the road. These were all middle-aged couples who had come to look at the lights. It was kind of strange seeing some 50-something guy in leathers waving at virtual Santa.

On Tuesday, as were were about to shut down for the night, these two women wandered in carrying notebooks. It seems they are the organisers of an annual Christmas light scavenger hunt for five families. They were taking notes for questions to include on the quest. We suggested they ask families to list all the reindeer in order which they could find on the dashboard of the sleigh. We also suggested they ask us the names of the two large inflatable toy soldiers in front of the house (they were named Billy (left) and Hector (right) by our neighbours daughter). Looking forward to their arrival on Sunday night.

Last night, I was inside and spotted teenagers running for the sleigh on the CCTV. I went outside and found two of the staff(brother and sister) from our local Coles.

They were followed by three Chinese women (one wearing pyjama's and one in business attire) with three small children. Only one of the women spoke any english and it turns out that there was only one word the kids could say in english. That word was CHEEEEEEESE. They proceeded to say it at least a dozen times as one of the women snapped photos. They were clearly trained to line up and say it, because they needed little prompting. I even jumped into one of the photos myself.

There are a lot of people out there who have some quirky habits. What's your most interesting encounter with visitors?

MarcD

Full time elf
Bird said:
MarcD said:
I even jumped into one of the photos myself.

There are a lot of people out there who have some quirky habits.

Appears yours is photo bombing your visitors. :D :eek: :D

Yep. It got a laugh from the three women when I crouched down beside the kids. Earlier in the night I had gone across the road to join in the nightly ritual of laying in the driveway under the laser with the kids. There's a photo of that on our Facebook page (but all you can see is my fat belly).

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Haha marc great photo bombing . Cant say we have had too much strange behavior as yet this year but there has been the few crazyys over the years . Only thing comes to mind is people asking if ive dress up as santa inside the house . (Virtual santa )

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Thats a lot of Fun. I went inside one night at about 9:30 when things quieten down a bit and got a text message from me neighbor.
"We have Lesbians in their undies out"

caffeine

Full time elf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B03O1FUVYXlsdmNneWdrbVQxbVU/view

That was our biker group... I must admit I trolled them a little. They came to scout our street the week before, and told us when they were coming and that they were the 59 club. NOT club 59 as apparently that is a venue that caters for males who like males. They were very very clear.

So they rocked up on the their bikes, with Santa, and the street wanted me to put a message up for them on the tree.... being me of course I put "Club 59 - Christmas on two wheels" and waited for the load groans outside and the cry of "WE TOLD YOU THREE TIMES" before quickly changing it :)

In hindsight probably better targets for trolling....

Superman

Global moderator
We get all sorts of Businesses in our city that decorate and Troll the streets. there are some real eye openers that randomly show up in the street.

DSC_0276%20%28Small%29.JPG

DSC_0277%20%28Small%29.JPG

DSC_0280%20%28Small%29.JPG

IMG_0422%20%28Medium%29.JPG

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
They were wearing their undies on the outside too Steve?

Superman said:
Thats a lot of Fun. I went inside one night at about 9:30 when things quieten down a bit and got a text message from me neighbor.
"We have Lesbians in their undies out"

mborg10

Michael Borg
We had our charity night last night. Our Santa was due to rock up at 9.00 and 8.55 a dodgy Santa rocked up in he back of a ute. Anyway I think when our Santa rocked up his sleigh outgunned the ute.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450592865.592101.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450592865.592101.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 50

Superman

Global moderator
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
We had our charity night last night. Our Santa was due to rock up at 9.00 and 8.55 a dodgy Santa rocked up in he back of a ute. Anyway I think when our Santa rocked up his sleigh outgunned the ute.

Nice ride there Santa