Using C9 LED Christmas Lights

Wheels

New elf
G'day Everyone,
Just posted asking for help with some WS2811 icicles and was hoping on some guidance with this also.
I am hoping to use a string of the C9 Christmas lights indoors and would like to make sure I am on the right track.

A string of these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...pm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.274.12973c00HvNOkQ

I would like to have a power supply that does not have the noisy fan unit, is that possible? And what size would drive this?
A simple controller like a 14 key RF would be fine for what I need at the moment, is that OK?

If anyone could help with this that would be great.

Thanks

Wheels

scamper

Dedicated elf
At max brightness full white they would potentially draw around 6 amps, so find a 10amp supply and you should be ok. supplies that size you can normally get without a fan. just bear in mind you want to make it safe by enclosing it if you do go down the normal led supplies that are sold from china.
Not sure what you are looking at with a 14 key rf, but there are many basic pixel controllers that are available that just give an array of test patterns, ray has a few of them as I have got a couple before just for testing.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
One of the waterproof power supplies will do the job - no fan, fully enclosed.
eg https://www.aliexpress.com/store/gr...648.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.75347e59x4hDdC

Just pick relevant voltage and wattage you require.

The lights you've chosen draw 0.24W each (according to product description), so times a hundred is 24W (per string of 100 lights)
Chinese/no-name brand power supplies rule-of-thumb is never drive/load more than 80-85%.
So the 12V 60W supply in that link should happily drive 2 sets of 100 strings of those lights.

Wheels

New elf
Ok Scamper and OzAz, thanks for your help with this.
I am placing an order now.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.