Using DMX port on F16V3 for differential receiver

cam080

New elf
Hi all,

From what I understand I can use port 1 DMX to feed to a 4 port differential receiver, the other 2 DMX ports can be used but will only drive 1 port each on the differential receiver board.
Hopefully I have that correct?

How is this programmed in xLights?

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
If you use port 1 for a differential receiver, it will take the place of 4 of your ports on the F16, so xLights doesn't need to know anything for it to work. You just make it replace, for instance, ports 13-16, and whatever xLights sends to those ports will be controlled by the receiver. You will also then be unable to use the other 2 ports. You can, however, use only 2 of the ports on the receiver and still use the other ports for DMX. It's all configured under Output Settings - Serial Outputs on the F16.

algerdes

Al Gerdes
You can also tell the F16V3 that you have an expansion board (even if one is not actually plugged in). In this way you can use all 16 ports off the mother board, and assign 4 of the ports of the "expansion" to the 4 outputs of the DMX-1 4 outputs. The catch here is the same as with any expansion boards on the Falcons - You split the number or pixels per outputs.

cam080

New elf
Thanks guys I will look into what you have mentioned and see if i can work it out

cam080

New elf
Hi guys,

I really can not find where this is configured in xLights?
Can anyone give me some more details on where to configure this?
I'm assuming its in the layout tab and I'm looking under the model that I want to setup on the differential receiver but can't seem to find anything.
New to xLights and first setup this year so go easy on me!! hahaha.

Thanks in advance.

KiwiPhil

Full time elf
if its a smart reciever, under controller connection in layouts section

if its a standard non smart diff reciever its just done in the falcons web interface on string outputs, click the plus symbol to the left of the numbers and that will shift those 4 ports to the diff reciever on dmx1 - under outputs / serial outputs you can configure the other 2 dmx ports to have a single reciever port mapped to an output

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.