Using the Matrix Animation

The new version still does not support greater then 100 pixels in either direction. I still can not select multiple cells (pixels). I can only click 1 cell at a time. Anybody found a way to quickly do animations from scratch. It does alright if you have the graphics and import.
I was able to use the matrix from the Controller image I created but could not build one in the Animator with 150 rows x 12 columns.
Anyone find a way to do this?
Thanks,
Lee

Also when I was watching the LSP tutorial on the "Right Click Menu" - Audio Visualizer they skipped right over the matrix part saying it was covered by its own video. Anyone know where that video is, I could not find it.
Thanks,
Lee

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im not sure what your doing but I was able to create a 150 x 24 matrix and use the animation tool, so it does support higher than 100. You must ensure that the number of channels used in the grid match the number of channels selected or else it wont let you do it because they don't match
I agree I was really wanting to see multiple cell selection in the animator grid, but it never eventuated :( but still on the cards

The video is here but its an older video and may not show a few things

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
the best thing to remember, especially with the new animation macro tool within LSP, is that you dont have to set your matrix to its exact size for your tree or matrix itself within LSP.

Make it to a smaller more easily usable size, like 30x30 or something, then instead of generating the effect, save it instead, then use the animation macro to insert it. you can resize it inside the macro to fit your display by using the size sliders.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You even confused me ;) :D
But there is the option to create child matrices within a matrix, you still need to create the original matrix but then you can create mini matrices within that if you want.

edit, maybe not now, didn't seem to give me an error this time so you may be able to create a matrix from the outset that doesn't match the grid dimensions

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
basically what im trying to say eddy, is that, you can use the matrix animator tool, created a smaller display option (so maybe 30x30) as you can use the blocks easier. save the animation as an *.ani file, then use the animation macro in lsp 2.8 to insert it into which ever element you want. you can apply it to any matrix object you have set up and resize where needed within the macro tool itself.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok now I see what your doing, This is not a method that I use to create a matrix as the matrix is automatically generated when you draw it in the visualizer.
Now if I want to make a child matrix from the original drawn matrix then when i select the matrix I then select edit, i then create the child matrix option and create it from my original matrix that was previously auto drawn.
So what you have shown looks like a bug but only because its not really used so would have been missed by the testers.
Im also wondering why you would want to create a new matrix without drawing it unless you want to create a child matrix from the original matrix in which case you would use the method i described above.

Hope that helps

Eddy,
When I first started I could not get the visualizer to create and map the matrix properly. So I was building them in the animator. That is when I first saw the issue in 2.5. In 2.8 I have been able to create the image and it shows up in the matrix animator, I was just curious as to why the animator still only builds 100 x 100 matrices. The real reason I was in there was to build so custom animation, But one cell at a time will take to long. With out the multi-cell selection I have to use SuperStar and do a lot of copy paste. :-[

Thanks,
Lee