Vamp plugins error

Habbosrus

Back again
I'm just getting back into things after 12 months off and wanting to have a go at XL. I've gone through the quick setup and all looked good, except for the timings. I wasn't presented with an array of offerings as per the manual, which I'm guessing means the Vamp Plugins haven't been setup correctly. I downloaded the plugins and copied them to a folder as per the following

Win 64 -> Copy qm-vamp-plugins.dll, qm-vamp-plugins.cat and
qm-vamp-plugins.n3 to C:\Program Files\Vamp Plugins (x86)\

I've tried them in a number of folders, but get an error each time. Screenshot and debug report attached. Please help this dill get back into the swing of things.

Attachments

• xLights_dbgrpt-9052-20170117T161846.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
  • xlights error after QM Vamp plugin install.JPG
    xlights error after QM Vamp plugin install.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 23

buzzdude

Full time elf
Check the path you used, the plugins should be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins" and not what you have posted.

If they are in the correct path, and you still get a error, reinstall xlights and see if the reinstall picks them up.

Shane

Habbosrus

Back again
I have them in the path you've provided. The link I gave is from the read me in the downloaded folder. I'll try a reinstall and see how it goes. Thanks for the info

Jay.S

Full time elf
I am having the same problem, I copied the files to the correct folder and crash xLights. It's not an xLights problem, the same set of files in the exact same location also crash Audacity with mostly the same content in the error reports.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
of course you did notice that on the xlights.org website there's a link to the QM Vamp plugin - version 1.7
:D

Jay.S

Full time elf
Awesome that worked. Actually didn't see the circle in the screen shot (my bad). Clearly 1.7.1 hasn't been properly tested on Windows 10...

Birchie

New elf
I had the same problem - try this
for Windows 10 x64
Extract the three files from one of the above links (qm-vamp-plugins.cat, qm-vamp-plugins.dll, qm-vamp-plugins.n3) to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vamp Plugins\
Right click qm-vamp-plugins.cat and select properties
Down the bottom of the General Tab you will see a Security warning that the file is blocked because it came from another computer. Tick the unblock checkbox
Repeat for the other two files