Video 2014

Gilrock

Full time elf
Very nice. Wish I had all that yard space. Do I detect Superstar sequencing on those ribbon trees?

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
That is the best. There is so much original material in those lights it blows my mind. I need to get my imagination rebooted. I wish I could come up with sequences like that. Thanks for sharing, we love it!

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Wow, that looks fantastic. Love those trees and their animations especially.

Bird

LOR user
Excellent work Doug.
At 2:14 on Snowman Mashup you are tipping your hand that the two trees are mirroring each other. Da Dee are backwards on right tree. :D :D
Let It Go is absolutely beautiful.
dougd said:
Sequences are a bit busy. One of these days I will get better at that.
On dreaming section of Winter Wonderland lights flashing seems to long.
Christmas Lights is very elegant and just perfect.
Lights of Christmas is also perfect use of a busy display.
Over all it is an unbelievable perfect display. Fantastic animations on the trees. Very original stuff.
Just got to love it and I'm very jealous of your talents.

dougd

Full time elf
Thanks for the kind remarks. I never could have accomplished this display without all the information shared here and in chat.

Yes there is a bit of superstar in the sequences. Wish I could say I did that part myself. The tree sequences in a few of those came from holidaysequences.com. You cant beat it for $35. Time saved is well worth the money.

The 2 pixel trees being mirrored is actually a not so fun story. I set out to build them a few months back. I put them together face down. One strip goes up the other goes down. When i flipped the tree over i had put it together backwards. Strip one was going down not up.

No way I was taking that tree apart. Took me about 4 hours to get to where I was. So I thought OK, I will just wire this one backwards. Then I thought about text, I had to go into all my sequences with text and reverse the strings. Obviously I missed a one.

I will get some day time pictures when its a bit nicer out, been rainy here for the last few days.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Nothing wrong with buying sequences in my book. I didn't even know about that site. I've bought some for my 12 ribbon tree from superstarlights.com. I've also programmed a couple myself I'm proud of. Usually I buy because I procrastinated all year.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Excellent work as there is a lot in that show. Im sure they are lining up to see your great work