Video projection first attempt.

angus40

Senior elf
This is a video of a file created in after effects that can be projected easily on the display .
I am in the beginning stages of learning this so don't beat down my video yet
https://vimeo.com/62096939

angus40

Senior elf
I will be using the stairs for halloween and replace my door with a 3d tunnle .
Halloween will be my big test/prelude to x-mas

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
sorta lost with this. Is that a projection onto the house itself? or is the house part of the projection?

What kind of projector would you need to accomplish onto the house itself?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Very nice Angus. I have been interested in this but have concluded that with my house shape i would need at least 3 powerful projectors to be able to cover the whole front of the house without shadowing and this then makes it cost prohibative for me for the time being. But i do believe this is the next evolutionary step in Christmas displays.

I look forward to seeing how you go with this project

angus40

Senior elf
bbayjohn said:
Looking good Angus. What program did you use to create the effects?

So far I have been using cs6 > photoshop and after effects .
I will use premiere pro for the final cut though .

angus40

Senior elf
https://vimeo.com/62986211
This was the hardest part to learn so far , getting a 3 frame .gif animated without any background attached .

projecting will be a lot of fun for 2013 , now if i can figure out how to sync the music / and sound with the compositions before halloween I will be winning .

angus40

Senior elf
remoteutah said:
Wow! Very impressive! I had to watch it 4 times to finally believe it was a projection and not just an animated video!
You lost me , lol . you need to create or purchase the animation in order to project it .
I have decided to create my own footages to project . I plan on using some of the black garden cloth in certain areas to serve dual purpose .
using a matte or a mask will reduce light spillage .

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Looks great this is a big one on my wish list - but the question is what sort of projector?

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
This is where my fear of projectors kicks in $2,800 is a lot of money if it doesnt project at the quality you want. How did you decide on that one?