Vivid 2023 … exhibiting

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I don’t know about you guys but I have often been underwhelmed by the vivid exhibitions … and have thought about bidding to enter but I don’t really want to do it on my own. Obviously entries for 2022 are closed but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me in creating an acl team to put in a entry bid for 2023? With the build and technical capabilities here surely we could smash it.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I have written to the org committee to get a copy of the 2022 forms/criteria so we can work out if we could do it. Will share if/when we get a response. Otherwise we will just have to wait for the 2023 criteria to come out.

it looks like there is a yearly theme so it is possible we won’t be able to come up with anything until the criteria comes out

I will likely create a fb group for those that want to participate but for now feel free to float ideas here.

one thing I have always wanted to build is a tunnel where the lights react based on the proximity of people in the tunnel.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Could be fun, I'd offer to help but don't know if I'd be much use.

Shane G

New elf
Generous elf
I have written to the org committee to get a copy of the 2022 forms/criteria so we can work out if we could do it. Will share if/when we get a response. Otherwise we will just have to wait for the 2023 criteria to come out.

it looks like there is a yearly theme so it is possible we won’t be able to come up with anything until the criteria comes out

I will likely create a fb group for those that want to participate but for now feel free to float ideas here.

one thing I have always wanted to build is a tunnel where the lights react based on the proximity of people in the tunnel.
Was thinking the same but a 360* tunnel meaning you are walking over the lights on a walkway in the middle of the tunnel.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Would love to be involved, but how do you foresee those of us interstate could contribute? Would we need to be there in person at some stage?

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I'm sure we can handle it all. I have an ABN but only half the amount of insurance needed I set up fairy lights for weddings for the last 5 years. I think it will be the paper work to be the biggest hurdle.
Any idea roughly what that sort of insurance costs. I also wonder how the sponsorship works.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Would love to be involved, but how do you foresee those of us interstate could contribute? Would we need to be there in person at some stage?
I honestly don’t know. It was an idea. Rather then coming to the table with everything pre-decided I am here with an idea asking if anyone wants to try to make it happen.
I will leave this post here for a week or two and maybe then get those interested into a zoom call to work out what or how we might do it … remembering that we can’t do much concrete until the actual 2023 is entries open.

BooY

Topper Man
Any idea roughly what that sort of insurance costs. I also wonder how the sponsorship works.
My insurance for 20m Public and 150k imdemity is about $1200 a year for less than 5 employees for E&I works on industrial chem / gas plants.
You really need a broker with what type of insurance etc is required to get a real idea for eg if I want to cover welding I have to add that extra over standard coverage. It will also cost more when there is direct interation with the general public as there is more risk, I know my partner to do a baby expo show cost us $350 for the weekend under the expos insurance coverage