3.x Vixen 3.0.9 Released

adski

Dave Brown
Here's the development team's announcement from earlier this afternoon:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.0.9 is out! You can download it here:

http://www.vixenlights.com/downloads/vixen-3-downloads/

Note that there is now 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You should be fine with either (well, assuming a relatively modern CPU and OS that has 64-bit support!), but if you're not sure, just grab the 32-bit version. The 64-bit will only benefit people with large channel counts and sequences who need to use huge amounts of memory.

Full release notes are included in the installer, but the big things I can think of off the top of my head:

- scheduler and show support! This has been a big focus by everyone, giving it lots of testing and run throughs.
- more performance and memory improvements.
- sequencer improvements (speed, bugs, and UI) -- things like dockable windows, marks in the ruler and a list of them, etc.

....... plus many other things!

battle79

Full time elf
Awesome,

Hopefully it fix's the lockup problem I'm having with the preview window.

Cheers,
Rowan

P.S. Where do I get a signature like yours?

Vix3 is not an option on sig builder here. So I'm wondering which site it's from?

adski

Dave Brown
battle79 said:
P.S. Where do I get a signature like yours?

There's a signature builder at http://v3userandproud.azurewebsites.net/#

There are 3 text boxes. You can put any text you like into them. Click on "Show Komby" to get rid of the Komby logo (unless you're using Komby wireless hardware of course). You can click and drag any of the elements around the image.

Click "Generate Image from Design" to create an image that you can then right-click ==> "Save Image As..." a png file which can then be used in your signature.

Easy
Dave

battle79

Full time elf
Thanks for that,

Also, it appears that the changes made in 3.0.9 have completely fixed my problems with the preview freezing. I tried my hardest last night to break it and recreate the problem, and I'm happy to report I couldn't.

Cheers,
Rowan