3.x Vixen Messaging for Vixen 3 Send a Message to your lights

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
See new post https://auschristmaslighting.com/th...n-sms-a-message-to-your-matrix-megatree.7154/

I have created a Messaging interface to Vixen 3 and was after a couple of Vixen 3 users that have a Matrix, Mega Tree or something that you display Text on to test my software. Can be tested with your preview as I would assume your lights are already packed up.

The software enables the audience to email or SMS (as long as you have a SMS to email account with say Google voice) a message to be displayed on your Vixen 3 display.

All the audience will do is send an email with a message in the subject line and with the use of Vixen Messaging will add the text to the display within only a few seconds. There is also the option to use a Blacklist or Whitelist to ensure dirty words are not displayed.

Vixen Messaging can also add built in custom Nutcracker effects (SnowFlakes, Fire, Meteors, Twinkle) to the Matrix along with the message or you can use your own Vixen 3 Sequences and impose the text over the top.

There is also many options for the Text to be displayed such as Font, direction, speed and position.

Most of the Nutcracker options for the above effects have been included.

If you would like to test this then let me know and I can provide the Install file and some instructions.

This software is not supported by the Vixen Dev team.

See below for some screen shots.

Vixen Messaging.jpg

Vixen Messaging1.jpg

Vixen Messaging2.jpg

Cheers

Geoff

SKMoss

New elf
Geoff,

Thats great. I am 2-3 weeks away from getting my lights for my pixeltree/matrix. I know you don't want to wait on testing that long, but I will test it then.

It's a feature that I'm greatly interested in. I know there's a feature in the Falcon PI Player that will facilitate the same thing. I'll test both.

B_P_J

Full time elf
interested in seeing this feature, I am playing around with my sequences in Vixen as we speak

B_P_J

Full time elf
working out the size of it, but would like something about 2metres long, maybe 15-20 strips High,

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
SKMoss said:
Geoff,

Thats great. I am 2-3 weeks away from getting my lights for my pixeltree/matrix. I know you don't want to wait on testing that long, but I will test it then.

It's a feature that I'm greatly interested in. I know there's a feature in the Falcon PI Player that will facilitate the same thing. I'll test both.

No worries Steve, I can send you the App. You don't need any lights/controller to test the app if you have the preview setup.

Geoff

grahami2006

Full time elf
Hi Geoff,
I used Vixen 3 for the first time this year and could not have been happier. I have a 16 string by 40 pixel 180 degree mega tree if that would help you.
Just started looking at text on it for this year and it looks good on the preview.

damo1271

Full time elf
I use a 16 x 91 pixel matrix (about 1.5m x 10m) in my show and I currently use vixen 3 nutcracker effect to display scrolling sequence text on the matrix. I would be happy to test the app.

loveroflife96

New elf
grahami2006 said:
Hi Geoff,
I used Vixen 3 for the first time this year and could not have been happier. I have a 16 string by 40 pixel 180 degree mega tree if that would help you.
Just started looking at text on it for this year and it looks good on the preview.

I'd do some testing. I have a 180 degree, 16 string by 50 pixel tree with a 6' base. In the preview it looks great. In reality when you scroll left and right, it is difficult for the naked eye to discern. Interestingly enough, when recorded, it's much easier to see due to the "halo" of light created around each light. I'm planning to increase my tree to at least 24 strands next year to help with the density of ease of the human eye to see the text.

Duane

grahami2006

Full time elf
Hi Geoff,
I thought I had everything set up correctly however this is what I have on the main screen.

Attachments

• Doc1.docx
    47.4 KB · Views: 17

B_P_J

Full time elf
have you sent an email to that address with the name as the subject line from another email account?

grahami2006

Full time elf
bpj1980 said:
have you sent an email to that address with the name as the subject line from another email account?

Yes I sent an email from my normal address and I can see where it has been received in my new email account.
I am obviously not setting up properly.

B_P_J

Full time elf
have you enabled the access for less secure apps? sorry trying to help out where i can, i got mine up and running last night, have you got any screen shots for gmail, i will check mine now, i think i changed a couple of things, i am testing a few different email accounts from different providers, outlook is being removed by Geoff at some stage as it is not compatible,

B_P_J

Full time elf
here are my email settings hope this helps, i started with emails working then moved to Vixen, the Vixen Messaging will send an email back to the account you have sent it from also, great piece of software i am going to work on the SMS side tonight,
http://i.imgur.com/6Lvw2vj.jpg