we need to upgrade the wiki page

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There's hundreds of individual pages on the wiki. If there is something in particular that needs adding sing out.
All the posts are done on a volunteer basis and Ryan is probably responsible for about 90% of them these days. This year only about 5 individual people have edited the wiki. Anyone with 50 posts or more on ACL can edit the wiki. By my estimates there are about 200 ACL members with the posts to be able to edit the wiki.
I personally pop up info on my own boards and have added info on the minis, dc controllers, strobes, a couple of Ray Wu boards, data sheets and other various bits and pieces.

Ryan just pointed out that it's 50 posts not the 100 I thought it was.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
most members here have access to be able to edit the wiki pages so please do. The more people adding info the better.

AAH

algerdes

Al Gerdes
bjpc2716 said:
:D :D who agree someone should upgrade the wiki page yes or no answer

Just as this "hobby" is dynamic, as in ever changing, so should be the information pertaining to it. The wiki is a great place to find just such info.

For those of us that don't contribute posts as often as others (mainly finding myself in the "follower" role), if we did wish to do so, who should we send our submissions to for review and inclusion?

AAH

There's a few of us that a do a fair bit of wiki editing and it's probably best if wiki info was sent to the person who created a given wiki page or was most responsible for editing it. For the sake of ease any info or requests could either come to me or be popped in this post and I can pass it on from there. Where I see info on just about any topic that I know something about I'm willing to add it to the wiki. My knowledge on a lot of subjects is lacking however and my wiki formatting skills are pretty ordinary. Fortunately Ryan has added a bit more info to https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Help:Editing-the-Wiki to allow people to format things better.
If you have more than 50 posts on ACL then you can log into the wiki with your same user and pass and make changes. If you are a guru on a topic and haven't go50 posts you can get permission to edit the wiki from Ryan or Phil. Using the preview is something I do a lot as there are a few strange things that occur if you put spaces at the start of paragraphs etc. The preview also lets you see what things like == and * does.

algerdes said:
bjpc2716 said:
:D :D who agree someone should upgrade the wiki page yes or no answer

Just as this "hobby" is dynamic, as in ever changing, so should be the information pertaining to it. The wiki is a great place to find just such info.

For those of us that don't contribute posts as often as others (mainly finding myself in the "follower" role), if we did wish to do so, who should we send our submissions to for review and inclusion?

bjpc2716

who dares win
8) thanks for sharing it alan regarding 50 post i thinking 101 need a upgrade again regarding panels and 3rd printing and share files?

algerdes

Al Gerdes
AAH said:
If you have more than 50 posts on ACL then you can log into the wiki with your same user and pass and make changes.

I don't know if I'll ever reach '50 posts'. At least, not 50 'intelligent' posts.

AAH said:
If you are a guru on a topic and haven't 50 posts you can get permission to edit the wiki from Ryan or Phil. Using the preview is something I do a lot as there are a few strange things that occur if you put spaces at the start of paragraphs etc. The preview also lets you see what things like == and * does.

Thanks.

AAH

algerdes said:
AAH said:
If you have more than 50 posts on ACL then you can log into the wiki with your same user and pass and make changes.

I don't know if I'll ever reach '50 posts'. At least, not 50 'intelligent' posts.

AAH said:

If you are a guru on a topic and haven't 50 posts you can get permission to edit the wiki from Ryan or Phil. Using the preview is something I do a lot as there are a few strange things that occur if you put spaces at the start of paragraphs etc. The preview also lets you see what things like == and * does.

Thanks.

Part of my problem is sometimes I see things and no matter how hard I look at them I can't make sense of them. :D (^^^^)

gerry

Senior elf
I will update the wiki with everything thing I have done so far, within the next 2 days.

1st time I am doing something that is useful for the wiki. :)

Oh wait , this is not the 1st thread ... ::)

AAH

First Gerry has to install FPP on my BBB for me so that then I will be able to play with FPP, BBB and soon some P10's. Then I will be able to put some firsthand knowledge of my own in the wiki.

gerry

Senior elf
AAH said:
First Gerry has to install FPP on my BBB for me so that then I will be able to play with FPP, BBB and soon some P10's. Then I will be able to put some firsthand knowledge of my own in the wiki.

Started on it Alan !

Downloading everything afresh , so you have the latest.