1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

What about the inside?

Discussion in 'The Family Room' started by OzAz, Nov 8, 2016.

1. OzAz

OzAz Full Time Elf Generous Elf

A lot of you have amazing outdoor light shows and I was wondering what, if anything, anyone does special for the inside of the house?

To start you off here's pics of my 2008, 2009 & 2010 trees. Gap of a few years during house moves.

2015 was a failed balloon tree - no pic, too embarrassing
    2014 was CD tree, complete with 2D baubles and presents, the attached pic is from 2015 when it got converted to a wishing tree with no extras.

2016 in the works, just got an idea to update the cd tree for this year, plus have 2 other trees in the works. Hence why thought to post this.

So post your amazing, different, colourful, inside christmas decorations, don't have to be light related...

Attached Files:

2. Kitman

Kitman Full Time Elf

I am not allowed to touch the inside tree, the Mrs is very particular when it comes to the tree inside, it has to be a certain way, it has to be symmetrical and it has to be perfect (which it never is). She is always changing the position of the baubles throughout the festive season to make sure it's 100% perfect which it never is and she eventually gives up and then it's time to take it down.

If any of you have seen the TV show Friends and how Monica decorates her tree, that's my Mrs, I have a side that me and my son can do which then faces the wall while her side shows to the front.

3. thecrazylightlady

thecrazylightlady Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P

Find Me On:
    im exactly the same. No one but me is allowed to touch the tree and i know if something is moved. the kids were given their own tree to put the stuff they made at school on. it usually takes me about 3 to 4 weeks to get it right but then im still not satisfied......then i start on the rest of the house

4. djgra79

djgra79 Senior Elf Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Haha, that first pic reminds me of when Kmart sold upside down trees a few years back! And palm trees!

5. thecrazylightlady

thecrazylightlady Yes I admit it.....I have the C.L.A.P

Find Me On:
    heres a few pics of my tree, photo really doesnt do it justice and have started decorating my dining room. I have tinsel all around the top of the ceiling with pink lights in it( my colours for xmas are pink purple and silver and i also have little blinking stars hanging over my dining table and the snow around the reindeers is pillow stuffing

Attached Files:

6. kel

kel Dedicated Elf

Very nice :)

7. scamper

scamper Senior Elf

Find Me On:
    My Mrs also does our tree.
    I used to yell at her and tell her that xmas is about kids and let them do it. She did for a while and would dictate how it should be, then when they didn't do it right, she would rearrange at as soon as they went to bed.
    Now they are grown up, they just don't bother as they know she will do it how she wants anyway.
    Oh, and just as well she is not member on this forum :D

8. Kitman

Kitman Full Time Elf

I think that goes for all of us Scamper. If some of our partners knew what we got up to on here and how much some of this stuff costs and everything else they would disown us. Maybe we should start up a fake forum that they can all join and HoHoHo about all of us hahaha.