What songs will make the cut in your 2021 light show?

Zuseleets

Full time elf
It's August already. I haven't given much thought to what songs will appear in my show this year. Anyone else in the same boat? For those who are super organised, what songs will make it to your display, if you ever get our of lockdown? ( Sorry NSW)

stevelee

Apprentice elf
I have the following songs.

Six White Boomers - Russel Coight
Winter Wonderland - Michael Buble'
Santa Clause is Coming to Town - Mariah Carey
Jingle Bells - Colton Dixon
Sleigh Ride - Earth Wind & Fire
Jingle Bell Rock - Earth Wind & Fire

The actual play order is yet to be determined, and I'll probably add a intro voice over and a just some light patterns to make a 20 minute display.

I'm in Bathurst, NSW not locked down yet ......

Dreamin

Full time elf
I can never pick, some are new, some are older songs, some just music. I usually just play them all with a break in between every 4-5 songs. Last year I didn't find many people stayed for more than 3-4 songs anyway before moving on apart from my friend who watched the entire show (80minutes!)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Lots of Bob Rivers Christmas parody songs Toy Sack, Decorations, Wreck the Malls etc.
A couple of Hilary Duff songs. Santa Clause Lane and Jingle Bell Rock
Brad Paisley - James Penguin
Christmas Can Can
Dominic the Donkey
Maybe a dozen or so more. A number of parody ones and happy Chrissy songs. NO pop songs.

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
Got my run of show almost sorted. Couple changes. Probably will remove can't stop this feeling with one of the 2021 Xlights Around the world songs and a couple tweaks possibly to be made. All the "Clip 1" etc are talking parts to give the show a bit of a story and some humour. Kept it pretty simple though with not much of my own sequencing. Fair bit of customising to a lot of the songs though to mix it up.
  1. The Greatest Showman (Intro) - 5:02
  2. Clip 1 - 0:10
  3. Hey Look At My Lights - 2:25
  4. Into The Unknown - 3:15
  5. Clip 2 - 0:32
  6. Light of Christmas - 3:44
  7. Clip 3 - 0:09
  8. Paw Patrol - 0:40
  9. Clip 4 - 0:16
  10. Gangnam Style - 3:38
  11. Clip 5 - 0:17
  12. Christmas Lights - 4:00
  13. Can’t Stop This Feeling - 4:45 - Remove?
  14. Carol Of The Bells - 3:21
  15. Clip 6 - 0:17
  16. Little Drummer Boy Rock - 4:32
  17. Blinding Lights - The Weekend - 3:20
  18. Clip 7 - 0:10
  19. Christmas Every Day - 3:49
  20. Clip 8 - 0:39

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Lots of Bob Rivers Christmas parody songs Toy Sack, Decorations, Wreck the Malls etc.
Christmas Can Can
Dominic the Donkey
Maybe a dozen or so more. A number of parody ones and happy Chrissy songs. NO pop songs.
Boo to no pop songs

Snitz87

Lights on Temira
Generous elf
Zuseleets don't scare me like this I haven't really thought about my playlist yet,. Songs that will probably make the cut are;

Friday*
Candy Man*
Happy Christmas*
Blinding lights
Come look at my house
6 white boomers

I'll definitely need to work on this list, I try to aim for 60mins of songs so it doesn't get to repetitive for me when I'm watching it while doing "crowd & traffic control"

* Sequence I made and will be shared with the community

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Boo to no pop songs
I have done 1 pop song ever and despite loving the song and it being popular I regret doing it. Other than a donkey and a penguin there will also be no animal songs. Most definitely no sharks and no foxes.

Zuseleets

Full time elf
I’m thinking of rick rolling visitors and I’m also doing a hardcore version of Last Christmas that @djgra79 kindly edited for me. I have a playlist of Christmas Songs that I have collected over the years but none really stand out.

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
I have done 1 pop song ever and despite loving the song and it being popular I regret doing it. Other than a donkey and a penguin there will also be no animal songs. Most definitely no sharks and no foxes.
You didn't say no to songs about it raining tacos though... 👀

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Christmas Can Can
Dominic the Donkey
I don't care what anyone else thinks, having Dominic the Donkey in the list is just plan awesome!

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
I usually have 1 or 2 pop songs, whatever's popular during the year, rest is mostly Christmas parody songs. 5 or 6 songs and an intro.
Fri and Sat nights after 9:30pm is EDM/Trap/Rock songs, mostly Christmas songs redone.

Guess I should start working on a playlist for this year