What to do

Pircy

Full time elf
Hi all. An electrical gremlin in my house recently destroyed my laptop computer and IPad. A dark day indeed. Whilst both have been replaced I now have no sequencing software on my computer. I had LSP which to be honest I struggled with but I know it had great flexibility and I was determined to master. After Christmas I gave away most of my static lighting elements to a friend so that I had no choice but to run a synchronised display this year.

We'll since then we have had a new addition to the family, my little boy Levi, and I have taken 3 months long service leave from work. My intention was to use ths time to learn to sequence using LSP and make a big head start on my 2014 display. Right now however I really cannot afford to replace LSP for obvious baby related reasons unless it was absolutely necessary. So the question is, is there free software that will adequately sequence an mix of static and rgb lights or should I make the sacrifice to somehow afford the new version of LSP? (I will not be sequencing a large amount of channels, maybe 100-200)

Habbosrus

Back again
Just a thought, have you contacted LSP and explained the situation? If you have a licence for it, it should still be current.
HLS is one option (HLS download page) I use it and it suits my needs. I like the look of LSP too but simply can't afford it at the moment. Vixen is another freeware option that you could look at. I haven't used it but there are many forum members that do.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Please contact Mike (mike at lightshowpro dot com) and forward your details like your name and email that LSP was registered under and he should organise you with your license key.

Congrats on the new addition, sorry to hear about your fire mishap and I hope not too much was destroyed

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
I use HLS and am very happy with it. Once you get over the first part of getting your sequence in order and assigning workgroups, it is a breeze from there. Check it out and give it some time. I used it last year and it was rock solid. Vixen 3 is also a great program and is getting better all the time. Documentation is still a problem though.
John

Skunberg

Full time elf
Vixen 2.1 for the old fashion grid, Vixen Plus is a updated version by a different author, Vixen 3 is similar to LSP. All of these are free.

cozbert

Full time elf
if he has already paid for lsp why not use it?

you can have upto 5 computers use the same key if you only had it installed on your laptop you should just be able to install it and put they key in..... unless you lost the key when your laptop failed....

Pircy

Full time elf
Thanks again to all. FastEddy, I have tried twice with emails to Mike @lightshowpro to ask for help but I have not received any replies. Maybe it is because it was an older copy and they have little interest in helping me to restore this. I had version 2.0. I sent the email I received when I purchased LSP with licence Key as proof but that was from late 2011. I think I will just have to try some of the free stuff and see how it goes. As my plans for this years show are relatively simple, Vixen 3 sounds more than capable. I would prefer LSP but that's the way it goes I guess :)