BundyRoy

Dedicated elf

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The first one claims to be rain proof and is 400 watts

The second one is what most have used in the past and is 350 watts

Both are cheap power supplies so quality will most probably be similar

Note the URL for the first one says its 5vdc but the actual description says 12vdc

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks fasteddy. I hadn't noticed the url address oddity. For what it's worth the sticker on top of the PSU says 12V.

The first one (assuming for now it is 12V) claims to have some safety certifications. Do any of those mean anything in Australia.

multicast

Senior elf
BundyRoy said:
Thanks fasteddy. I hadn't noticed the url address oddity. For what it's worth the sticker on top of the PSU says 12V.

The first one (assuming for now it is 12V) claims to have some safety certifications. Do any of those mean anything in Australia.

CCC,CE,FCC,GS,RoHS

CCC = China Complusary Certificate - Needed for use in China
CE = For Europe, almost useless, as its just the manufacturer saying "we meet these standards:, no need to check
FCC = USA, in theory means its not going to [font=arial, helvetica, sans-senif, simsun, 宋体]interfere with other systems at RF[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-senif, simsun, 宋体]GS = Is a german Standard[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-senif, simsun, 宋体]RoHS = is a international standard about Hazardous substances.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-senif, simsun, 宋体]What you need for Australia really is C-Tick.[/font]