Whole House = Layers (LSP) = Groups (Vixen 3)

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Am I the last person on earth to realize that you can have as many "whole house" models in XL as you want and they can be any combination of models you want? Finally! An easy way in XL to group all my snowflakes or group all my icicles or group all my windows or group my snowflakes and my icicles or ....

In the preview tab, just uncheck "part of my display" from every model you don't want in the group, then click "Build Whole House Model" and it creates your grouping (change the name to the group name you want).

You can do as many groupings, subgroupings, levels as you want (like Groups in Vixen 3 or Layers in LSP).

How did I miss this when Whole House Model came out last year?

Gilrock

Full time elf
Probably only second to last. :)

To be honest I've never touched "part of my display". I think you should just be able to use the Model Groups feature. Then whatever model group you have active can be rendered as a Whole House Model. It's really a Whole Group Model. I was trying to get the guys to make every group automatically be a selectable WHM element but they said that you can actually have multiple WHM's for a group because it snapshots the arrangement on the screen. You can move the layout and create a new WHM snapshot for the same group. So yeah I've had WHM's named whole house, all RGB, static lights, arches, upper rooflines, lower rooflines, etc.

Gil

mararunr

Here to learn! (and share)
3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
Gilrock said:
Probably only second to last. :)

To be honest I've never touched "part of my display". I think you should just be able to use the Model Groups feature. Then whatever model group you have active can be rendered as a Whole House Model. It's really a Whole Group Model. I was trying to get the guys to make every group automatically be a selectable WHM element but they said that you can actually have multiple WHM's for a group because it snapshots the arrangement on the screen. You can move the layout and create a new WHM snapshot for the same group. So yeah I've had WHM's named whole house, all RGB, static lights, arches, upper rooflines, lower rooflines, etc.

Gil

Even easier. Yup, that worked. Wow! Thanks once again Gil!! For me personally (and I mean no offense to anyone else and respect other's opinions) - this eliminates one of the other software sequencers I've been using. Happy, happy, joy, joy :)