Windows Explorer

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I know this is not lights related but it's driving me nuts. I have windows 7. When I delete a file in windows explorer it does not disappear from the screen. It does get deleted but I have to hit refresh to make the filename disappear after it's deleted. I'm assuming I have the auto refresh turned off or something along those lines but can't seem to find the setting.

Can anybody please point me in the right direction.

buzzdude

Full time elf
In explorer go:

Tools > Folder Options > General Tab, In the Navigation Pane, make sure show all folders and automatically expand.... folder are ticked, you then may have to go to the view tab and click on apply to folders, and press ok....

see if that helps.

Shane

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Thanks Shane. Just tried it but it doesn't get rid of the problem.

I tried an integrity scan SFC /scannow and it didn't find anything either.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Just in mydocuments on my home computer. It says sharing status private private if that means anything

buzzdude

Full time elf
You could also try to reset all the folders status... in explorer, tools > Folder Options > View > "Reset Folders" > OK, though this will reset ALL folders.

Another thing you could try is to restore windows. If this only started happening in the last day, you could use the restore function, if doesn't deleted any user data, just returns windows to the previous state. Assuming the problem is relate to windows.