winter is finally here (well almost)

scamper

Dedicated elf
:D As we have had our first heavy rains and cold days, I am finally getting to spend time in the shed working on my first sequence display (without feeling guilty)
I have read so much and researched so much and have now settled on using vixen 3 have purchased a j1sys e1.31 controller and some dmx dumb controllers for now.
I figure I should try and walk before I run and sequencing strips seems a little easier to start with.
I have been having a good time trying to build stuff too.
I found a good article on how to build north poles and have built 4 of them and they turned out pretty good for my first attempt.
I bought a whole bunch of led strips and modules on special, so if anyone has any ideas on what else I could do with them, I would love to hear.

Attachments

• IMG_4045.JPG
    IMG_4045.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

DanJ

Full time elf
I love your North poles!! They look really great. You will be glad you jumped right into RGBs. They are essentially limitless in capability...

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome50.png

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, looks like you have the CLAP already, feel free to ask any questions and take a look in the coro section for further ideas on what to build

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL, your North Poles look great.
Do you have a link to a web page or article so others can see how it's built?

scamper

Dedicated elf
AussieDoug said:
Welcome to ACL, your North Poles look great.
Do you have a link to a web page or article so others can see how it's built?

I will attempt to find the original and post it, I don't know about you guys but I start surfing and can't seem to stop, but I did make a facebook page, mainly to keep my daughter up to date as she is away at uni, but you are more than welcome to look.
I took pictures of the steps that I did while building them

https://www.facebook.com/Christmasincollie

scamper

Dedicated elf
:D
I am feeling a little crafty at the moment, While I wait for the controllers for the posts I have started on some light boxes. Have cut out some bells so far and will make some other shapes too. I have ordered some corro and will cover these to diffuse the light. Each one will just use a 3 channel RGB controller and RGB LED modules. If I go too far I may link a few together to save on channels.

Attachments

• IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9