Wire stripping tool

Nodent

Apprentice elf
Thought I'd share the great tool I use to strip wires.

ideal-stripmaster.jpg

http://youtu.be/z0-0BqyOOh4

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have 1 of them but found that the 1 I have from Jaycar is easier to work with as you don't need to worry about which hole to put it in, it has a "length gauge" and you can do more than 1 wire at a time. They're a great tool to have.
productLarge_7240.jpg

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
They are a great tool just be mindful that you use the correct hole, if you use one too small they can nick the conductors which will cause the wires to break easily with a bit of flex.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Also have the same one as Alan from Jaycar. Works really well for stripping, cutting and crimping.

davrus

Silent elf
I have a similar one to the first post, but it has an adjustable guide to set the length, great if you are doing multiple cuts.

img.ashx

greg58

Full time elf
I have used both, the first one I have used for well over 25 years and I thought it was the best stripper to use as long as you set up the correct hole size, else as others have pointed out, you can damage the conductors. It was only last year that I changed to the second type, that I changed my opinion, it is far easier to use, does not damage the conductors, except where the wire is so thin and cheap, the conductors break from the pulling action.