wireless controllers/wireless extenders?

drakky

Senior elf
thinking about next years show , the only way to extend the size is to to use some sort of wireless as there is no way I want to run catenary wires or cables across driveways, is there dumb type dmx and E1.31 transmitters and receivers
that work invisibly ? ie. run a dmx cable into transmitter and a receiver on the other side picks up signal and can plug into a ray wu 27ch board for example or how does wireless work?

thanks in advance

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Ray Wu sells wireless DMX transmitter and receiver sets. They are not all that expensive these days. Not sure on the range though.

drakky

Senior elf
Ray Wu sells wireless DMX transmitter and receiver sets. They are not all that expensive these days. Not sure on the range though.
probably don't need that much range maybe 30 or 40 metres would get me into the grounds as it is I'm limited to almost a 2d display as the while the area currently is wide it's very shallow , yes I can add more to the roof etc but there's no way for example I could have a mega tree as there's no where to put it , I have miles of space 5 acres but driveway is between the main building and the grounds

marmalade

cats & pixels
vizztech (danv on here) sells an esp based wifi dmx controller and is local (Qld) . I have 2 for use with cheap dmx floods and they work great, put up an outdoor WAP and you could control it kilometres away :)

drakky

Senior elf
vizztech (danv on here) sells an esp based wifi dmx controller and is local (Qld) . I have 2 for use with cheap dmx floods and they work great, put up an outdoor WAP and you could control it kilometres away :)
I have about 10 WAP's around the place there's no problem getting signal, thanks I'll check it out