Wiring Power Supplies - Electrician

aleibhardt

New elf
Hi All,

I'm looking for some information on electricians wiring up power supplies to a plug for mains power.
The guidance on the docs looks like it should be done by an electrician. Do you need the work to be tagged and tested? Or is it just that the initial wiring needs to be done by an electrician. The electrician I called was nervous about putting his name against something tagged and tested, because if someone trips on the cable etc, then it's his name that is liable. The PSU will be sitting in enclosures eventually, but i'd planned on doing my testing and setup work just on my work bench at first.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for electricians? I'm in the Adelaide Hills area. I'd also be happy to just drop it off somewhere to get it wired up by someone qualified (if that's an option).

Thanks,
Adam

scamper

Dedicated elf
Legally it needs to be done by someone licensed to do it, but this can be someone with a limited license. It does Not need to be an electrician. Electricians are required for hard wiring in your house.
You should be able to go to any repair / service agency that does anything like washing machines to tv's and they should be able to help.
Tagging and testing is usually only for work sites etc, home stuff it's not required.

aleibhardt

New elf
Thanks Scamper. That's make a bunch of sense, and is much more manageable.