Wixel-32 Pre-Order - Group Buy Is Live!

danv

Full time elf
Hi All,

Just wondering if there would be any interest in a pre-order of one of my newest products, the "Wixel-32".

Basically an ESPixelStick, but with the following major differences:

1. Uses 32-bit ESP32 instead of the 8-bit ESP8266 and runs the "unify" branch of the awesome ESPixelStick firmware. Found here "https://github.com/forkineye/ESPixelStick/tree/unify". Check out the notes there for detailed software differences by those awesome lads.

2. Two pixel data outputs instead of one.

3. Micro SD Card support, allowing user to play fseq files directly or put the Wixel-32 into FPP remote slave mode (sync/play commands, etc) to reduce wifi traffic.

4. 5V to 24V DC supply capable, 5V supply is passed through up to 5.5V, then 8 to 24V is passed through on-board 5V switch mode power supply.

5. Solid terminals for the DC supply in and pixel data out.

6. Mounting holes for user convenience.

7. Fully buffered data outputs.

The Wixel-32 controller size is 50mm (L) x 52mm (W).

Would need at least a QTY of 10, with pricing set based on seeedstudio group buy program costing as they are handling the build and freight to everyone.

If I get solid interest, I am happy to set this up. Please let me know in this thread. Small thumbnail image of the PCB is included below.

GROUP BUY IS NOW LIVE!

LINK - https://www.seeedstudio.com/Wixel-32-0-2-p-4929.html

Regards,

Dan

pcb.png

Last edited:

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
I'd love to say yes, would you be required to order 10 or would you require 10 people to jump on board before continuing? The MicroSD card support feature with standalone playback has got me.

danv

Full time elf
I'd love to say yes, would you be required to order 10 or would you require 10 people to jump on board before continuing? The MicroSD card support feature with standalone playback has got me.

Mainly just get a minimum qty of 10 mate. How that is split across any number of persons shouldnt be a problem.

danv

Full time elf
Going to do some rigorous testing of the power supply design this week. Its worth delaying the group buy for as it may simplify the design or result in a more rugged design. ETA for group buy is approx 7 to 10 days whilst I do this.

Admins any idea how I apply to get this approved for the group buy section when it is ready please?