1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

WS2811 repeater

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by BoonDogs, Feb 6, 2016.

1. BoonDogs

BoonDogs I am self diagnosed with CLAP

Find Me On:
    I wanted to make some long runs for two pixel strips off my PixLite 16 controller. This would be 25-30m. I already know I'll need to do power injections, but I'm worried the signal won't make it this far. Does anybody know of any repeaters? Or would I be easier to use null pixels?

Cheers,
    Riley

2. i13

i13 Senior Elf

If you use WS2811 or WS2812B pixels then coaxial or CAT5 cable twisted pair can get the signal to travel that far depending on the controller. Not sure if it works with the PixLite controllers or not.

3. nato595

nato595 Let's do this!

Find Me On:
    J1Sys does have signal amplifiers/repeaters, but I'd say easier & cheaper just to add a few null pixels if needed.
    I use 4 conductor in-wall speaker wire for most of my longer runs, still adding null pixels though.

4. mararunr

mararunr Here to learn! (and share)

3505 NW Edgewood Ave, Bentonville Arkansas, USA
    Find Me On:
  5. plasmadrive

plasmadrive Full Time Elf

A very sure way is to use pixel extenders.

6. MikeKrebs

MikeKrebs New Elf

Robg has a design for a truly null pixel. It passes all data and extends data in best case about 30 meters. He just finished a group buy on diychristmas so he might have some extras. They are small so could be less expensive to ship than to fabricate on your own.