WS2811 to DC Controller and Shipping to UK

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
I was going to order the DC Controller that takes in WS2811 pixel data but I saw that they are now out of stock. Does anyone know when they will be back? I need one soon. If it is going to take more than a week then I will get the WS2081 version but I will have to change my channel configuration a little.

Also do Hanson Electronics ship to the UK?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'd planned on making up some more 2811DC boards over this weekend so they should be back in stock come Monday. I do ship to the UK.

EmmienLightFan

One of few displays in the UK
Thank you very much. I will order one as soon as they are back.

I have one question. I know that I connect the pixel data wire from my E1.31 controller (Pixlite4) but do I also connect the power supply that powers the pixel controller? I can't see how it would work without the ground connection. And can the pixel power supply be a different voltage to the voltage being dimmed?

AAH

Details on how to connect are in the manual but basically you connect the pixel side of things up with +,-, data which will be either direct from pixlite or from the pixel immediately before the 2811DC board. The DC side of the board is electrically isolated and the lights connected can be any voltage from 5V to 35V.

AAH

I am absolutely exhausted and most of wanted to do this weekend hasn't been done. The job I hope to get out last Thursday looks like I will finish later this evening which means that I haven't had time to touch my display or to load up some 2811DC boards. Without exhausting myself even further it's not likely I will get to touch them before Wednesday at the earliest so I will give a discount for the 2801DC boards.
There's a 15% discount for both the 2801DC15 and 2801DC30 boards until the end of the month.
Just enter "too-tired" in the spot where it asks for a coupon.