WSPIXELS

klaus

New elf
I am trying to get some Pixel Strips working from Vixen off a PIX-AD8. For love of money I can't. My nodes are working but not the strips. The Controller software says they are WS2081 but the strips say SW2081. Is there a difference am I doing something wrong here. Cheers.

JPB

Full time elf
Do you have your voltages correct? Nodes are more often than not 5v while strip could be 5v or 12v
And is your pin out correct?

marmalade

cats & pixels
another easy mistake is transposing the clock and data lines on the 2801's. But agree with jpb, I've been bitten by the 5V/12V supply voltages once already.

i13

Dedicated elf
Are you connecting to the correct end of the strip?

Did you mean to write 2801? Note the position of the 8 and the 0.

I have not heard of SW2081 pixels before so hopefully that's just an error on the label.

klaus

New elf
i13 said:
Are you connecting to the correct end of the strip?

Did you mean to write 2801? Note the position of the 8 and the 0.

I have not heard of SW2081 pixels before so hopefully that's just an error on the label.

yep sorry just a typo.

Yep it has 5V on the strip and I have the doubled check the strip to make sure it is connected on the in side.

klaus

New elf
The last pixel on the test strip is red. When I power the board up. Could it be something I am not doing in Vixen?

jeffrae

Apprentice elf
Use this app to test your config Then you can work out if is a Vixen issue
https://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/
follow the link then download app

Also if you can not get the strip to work solder your data and clock lines to the next pixel You could have damaged the first pixel and when you connect power it can randomly set a pixel

PS this was written by a member of ACL