XLights Display Elements Edit.

Tuke

New elf
For reasons I won't go into, I had some issues the first time I attempted to set up and sequence using XLights and had to start over.

Anyway, while I was re doing my layout I had to use different names for the same items because XLights would tell me "A model already exists with that name". For example I used "CCane01" for a candy cane lawn model the first time. When I had to re do everything, and XLights prompted me that a model already existed with that name, I changed the name a bit and moved on thinking I could go back and delete the original model and name later.

Well, it's later and I am unable to figure out how to delete all the original models that I am not using but are really becoming an issue due to the confusion they are creating for me with other models and channels.

Can someone tell me how I can delete those unused models? The manual says to right click and then delete. However, when I right click, I don't get an option to delete.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Try left clicking on the model (it should go yellow) and press delete key

Also check to ensure the model is "unlocked" in that right click option, models need to be unlocked to move or delete etc

Tuke

New elf
I figured it out. I went to "All Models", clicked on the old models and unlocked them. After that it let me delete them.

Now I got my models and channels all sorted with no issues so far. Thanks for the help!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.