xlights HE123-RX configuration issue

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Hi all,
I am having a configuration issue, or simply do not know how to configure the differential board correctly.

Setup: HE123-Mk2 - HE123-TX (Set on 17-32 side) - HE123-RX (connected to HE123-TX port 2 ie. should be ports 21-24 in xlights?)

My 1860 pixel matrix is set up in xlights as 3 strings, 10 strands, 62pixel per strand - bottom left wiring = all good here as can get it to work properly - see below.

Trying to set the matrix via the differential board - xlights visualiser - on to port 21 (auto populates port 22 & 23). Uploaded output, rendered sequence. BUT when run sequence (or test from xlights for that matter) only the bottom third of my matrix activates (happens to be the top third of any picture within the matrix!).

However, if I set it up via xlights visualiser to run direct from the HE123Mk2 and not via the differential boards, on ports 5 (auto populates 6 & 7). Uploaded output, rendered sequence of course. The matrix runs exactly as it should when connected directly to the HE123 board.

Additionally tried,
- swapping the network cable between the TX & RX boards
- using different ports on the HE123-TX board - adjusting visualiser, uploading output and re-rendering etc.
- searching web for "how to configure differential boards" etc..

What is wrong with my configuration of the differential boards? How can I correct this?

Thanks in advance
Glenn

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Can you post what the string configuration looks like from FPP, and the visualiser & prop config from xLights?
Sounds like it's a channel mismatch somewhere.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
None of the HE123 daughterboards need or should be configured as differential in Xlights. As far as the data it and FPP sends it is just standard WS281x data.

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Attached are some screen shots of my settings.

Attachments

• HE123-RX issue.docx
    326.1 KB · Views: 16

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Alan, I have investigated further and it appears that the HE123-TX is not aligning correctly with the RX ports.

RX port 1 (connected to TX port 1) should be port 17 - correct? But it is not. I have managed to find that it is actually outputting as port 19
RX port 2 - outputting as port 20 (not 18)
RX port 3&4 - can't get it to output anything.

When change to TX port 2 etc. exactly the same discrepancy configuration occurs with the RX ports. only 2 ports flowing through per TX port not 4. ??

Any ideas?

Glenn

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Confirming, you have the daughter board oriented so the RJ45 is facing the same way as the BBB, ie the diff xmitter is completely over the main board?

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Yes, I have confirmed the placement of the daughter board. Double checked it is seated correctly etc. Swapped the network cables...

Ktag

Apprentice elf
Actually on closer inspection.... it is not seated correctly, it is only slotted into one set of pins - probably will be the issue. I'll correct and advise