xlights misconfiguration

RonyRooman

New elf
I'm almost done with my setup but am having one issue and I thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction. In the attached pictures, you'll see my arches which are new to my display. The first few pixels don't work correctly but the rest of the arch does does. It's hard to tell the colors in the picture but the ones lit up all start with a blue, then goes to white for a few pixels, and the ends with a yellow pixel. I'm using an F48 with differential receivers. When I run a test, everything after the yellow pixel works as expected. The areas with the blue/white/yellow spots are at the very beginning of the run and connected to the differential receiver at this point. Each port runs 2 arches so that's why you only see this on half of the arches. The rest of my setup is working fine. When I've seen this before, it's been a misconfiguration in xlights where I'm not specifying the channels or the configuration of props right. Is there a particular error code or something that this blue/white/yellow pattern denotes?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

RonyRooman

New elf
Here's the photos.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    889.3 KB · Views: 8

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Yes, that's the signature symptom of a dumb receiver getting data intended for a smart receiver... those first few pixels acting weird are the configuration information for the smart receivers.