Xlights schedule 'non-show' sequence

msherratt

New elf
Hi all. I am new to the scene of programmed Christmas lighting and have accepted the majority of opinion about xlights being the software of choice.
Last year I visited some displays and most seemed to have a 10 minute or so sequenced spectacular piece that played every half hour and in between was a generic Christmas playlist with non-sequenced lighting.
Is there any advice how to do this with xlights?

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Hi

firstly i can't see the sense of having Generic- non sequenced lights, esp after all the effort to make them sequence in the first place. When i started this year for the first week i had one 4min song that just repeated. it was enough time for the viewers and kept the traffic flowing.... i ended up with four songs, about 12min, which was plenty. if you have a show at set times you could be creating havoc for yourself.

now having said that, it's your display do as you wish. In Xlights you can set up a non sequenced display. so you would create a sequence to music and a plain timing sequence, then schedule those to play via the lights scheduler, or do as most of us do, use a Raspberry pi running falcon software to schedule your playlists.

cheers
Fing