xSchedule Help

christmasdave

Full time elf
I'm starting to play with xSchedule and have run into something I can't work out.

I've created two playlists, let's call them Test1 and Test2.
Test1 is a single 40min sequence to play when the Christmas playlist is not playing (music sequence with some soft instrumental music)
Test 2 is a Christmas playlist (just one sequence added to it for testing)

In both of these I have created a schedule. Test1 is at priority 5, Test2 is at priority 6. In some basic testing all seems to work. Test1 starts, then Test2 cuts in when I told it to, but It is very jarring with no gap between the two. Once Test2 is done, it goes back to Test1 (which is what I want).

What I want to do is have Test2 fade out as Test1 starts, or at least have some "space" between them so people know the main show is starting. I tried using the gracefully interrupt option, but this seems to have the opposite effect to what I expected, and does not interrupt Test1 at all. I can see that Test2 has started in xSchedule, but Test1 continues to play. As soon as I unselect this option and try again, Test2 cuts right in when it's meant to (but still jarringly). I can only assume from this that the 'gracefully interrupt' option actually means to allow the current step to finish first and not to slowly fade out the current playing schedule? (couldn't find any info to confirm this though).

So I guess my question is, is what I want to do possible?

A follow-up question. If I have Test2 set to fire every hour, will it go back to Test1 in between this? (provided not set to loop)

Thank you in advance and hopefully I've made sense!

lytnin

Full time elf
The 'graceful' interrupt on FPP completes the current item before stopping. I would guess the xSchedule does the same. I can't remember which came first. (the chicken/egg situation)

I'm not an xSchedule user, so need to leave that to others to answer.

christmasdave

Full time elf
There is no fade. It can gracefully interrupt at the end of the song but it can’t cross fade.
Thanks Keith! So a 40 minute sequence is not really a good option then..

I see an option in xSchedule that says "Run background playlist when not running sequence", is this possibly the closest to what I want? From the description is it right to assume that if I set a playlist as the background playlist it will always play, but when a higher priority sequence starts it will play that, then go back to the background sequence?

Edit - Just watched one of your videos (great source of info!). So background playlist is not what I thought it was :( That description is very confusing for a new user though.

Last edited: