Zig zag setting in Matrix model

SarahD

Mersey Christmas Lights, maker and breaker
Please can I get some advice on how to adjust the setting "set up zig zag" in the matrix model. It's not covered in the manual at all.

I've got a 1680 pixel matrix. 2 sections, each 28 pixels high and 30 pixels wide. Pixels are run in columns up and down each section. Settings below. Strands per string is set to "number of times the string zigzags" as per the popup (=30 - I did have it around the wrong way at 28 which was mucking up the render). The pixel numbers in each direction look right in the layout - I counted them.

1669001007931.png

However, there are two settings I don't know what to do with. In the "Controller Connection" section, there's something call "set up zig zag". Controller is a Hanson Electronics Pi28D+, using the two WS2811 ports. I've now ticked the box and set Zig Zag to 60, which is the total vertical columns across the two sections.

My question is, should Zig Zag be 60, 30 (number per port), or unticked and let xLights figure it out?
1669001422818.png

Also, what is "Low Definition Factor" in the first screen grab above? It's set to the default 100 but there's no popup to explain it, and it's not in the manual.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Ignore the zigzag setting in the controller connection, instead let xlights handle it via the matrix definition. Your top image seems correct. Keep in mind that 2 strings means 2 ports are in use - eg one for each side of the matrix.

SarahD

Mersey Christmas Lights, maker and breaker
Perfect - thanks. That's what I did initially, and then saw this and didn't know how to use it. I'll turn it back off. And yes, the controllers visualisation has it correct with half to each port.