5mm Led fairy lights. How to make a string of lights?

Andrew2708

New elf
Hi all, I am in a learning phase of making a string of lights using pre wired lights such as you see in the link below.

Can you let me know how to make the string from these pre wired lights? Eg how do these connect to each other ? adapters etc so i can plug into a powerboard.

Thanks for you any help you can provide.

Cheers Andrew

Andrew

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
It says they use 12-18V AC or DC. So get a power supply that can do that and attach away. This would be a parallel bus arrangement with each led attached to the appropriate leg of the wiring.

If you wanted to make serial connections, you will need to know the finished length you want to calculate the power supply needed.

Here is site that has the basics.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You're much better off buying a pre-made string from ebay or elsewhere than trying to make up your own.
For example https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/254771062854?hash=item3b5189e846 . You can get a string of 100 with a solar power pack or a string of 100 to run from the mains for a comparable price to 20 leds that you have to solder up yourself.

Katekate

Senior elf
I'm with Alan on this one. You will get a fully working string at bunnings for less than what you would spend on parts hooking those leds up.