E6804 not accepting 12 universes

Habbosrus

Back again
I just posted this over on Do It Yourself Christmas.

Is anybody using a E6804, Unicast, 12 universes? I have set up my matrix with 20 rows of 75 pixels. I have the e6804 setup with 375 pixels per port.
1st port, universe 12, start channel 1, end universe is 14, channel 105
2nd port, universe 15, start channel 1, end universe is 17, channel 105
3rd port, universe 18, start channel 1, end universe is 20, channel 105
4th port, universe 21, start channel 1, end universe is 23, channel 105
The first 3 universes work
I have changed the universes to see if it helps. It doesn't.
I have tried on 2 separate e6804's and both are the same
Both are running firmware 4.240
I have changed all settings a number of times and nothing helps.
It's as if it's stopping at 7 universes. Yes, I have it set at Unicast.
I have restarted numerous times with numerous settings.
Is it possible the firmware isn't accepting 12 universes? I've read the documentation a number of times and it should handle my setup.

Hoping someone can help me

ScottyJ

New elf
I used the 6804 last year on my mega tree with 400 pixels per output and had no problem.

Have you tried flowing one port into the other for example

1st port, universe 12, start channel 1, end universe is 14, channel 105[/size]2nd port, universe 14, start channel 106, and so on,
hope this makes sense, if i was at home I could fire up one of mine and give the complete port assignments

Scott

Habbosrus

Back again
I connected 2 x 6804's last evening just to have a look at my sequences in action (looked good). A member on Do It Yourself Christmas suggested it may just be a limitation of the test pattern on the 6804. I didn't try anything past the the test sequence. I will reconnect everything today to see what happens and report back any findings.
On a side note, while testing my sequences output to lights, my son and his friend walked in the door. They loved it and had a great laugh at some of the silly stuff I have in my sequences.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Steve, have you tried using the da_131 program. It effectively puts a test pattern through your lights and you can set it up to suit your controller/universes used. Have to have your computer hooked up though. I've found it very handy for testing if an issue is computer sequencer related or controller setup related. You can get it here http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ . Sorry if you already know about this. Not trying to teach anybody how to suck eggs.

Habbosrus

Back again
BundyRoy said:
Steve, have you tried using the da_131 program. It effectively puts a test pattern through your lights and you can set it up to suit your controller/universes used. Have to have your computer hooked up though. I've found it very handy for testing if an issue is computer sequencer related or controller setup related. You can get it here http://www.da-share.com/software/da_e131/ . Sorry if you already know about this. Not trying to teach anybody how to suck eggs.
G'day Roy, I didn't even think of using that program (I should have). I'll reconnect today and try da_131.
Will have to hobble around to do it though. Had my sons 18th last week and a few Bathurst beers yesterday afternoon/evening, woke with what appears to be a Gout related, painful and swollen ankle/foot. They say we live and learn. Some of us don't! I. A rarely drink anymore and I guess the sudden influx of beer into the system has upset my body. Stupid body, why can't it like beer as much as my head does? Lol

Habbosrus

Back again
I didn't finish this thread off. The e6804 is working fine. Red, green, blue test only worked on first 3 outputs when testing my matrix setup. However, I tried da_131, more complex tests from e6804 setup page, nutcracker tests and HLS tests and all worked well. I have 4 x e6804 controlling all of my lights along with my trusty 2811dc15 running BigW lights. In early testing all are going well. One e6804 is running my matrix of 1500 pixels and all is good (so far).

Boof63

Senior elf
good to hear the actual programs are running ok, not so good about that gout, hope it comes right soon,.
cheers Boof63