game changer ?

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Isn't that kinda similar to the boards Holiday Coro sells?
The HolidayCoro ones stack, yeah, but it's a CPU board and then up to 3 output boards, then I suppose you could use another CPU board and more, if you really like towers of standoffs... but good luck changing some of the fuses if you did that. 16 ports per board, they aren't tiny. Or thin. The network bounces from board to board, so that's handy.

Once you think of power supplies, and network, and enclosure, I think octo gets less neat yet.

What changed the game for me is you can put some of the little diff boards right on the meanwell, that's a great power setup that can also do data if you want, for a nice little package. Small enclosure, put near the prop.

Now, the HC diff receiver boards and power distribution boards do stack, and I think I will do a bit of that... I want 8 data ports with extra power in a tight place, seems like the way, but the CPU will be elsewhere.

Not sure what the big issue is with CPU elsewhere and running cat5 diff lines. These little brain boards don't do many more ports per cat5.