Lights - Best places to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilrock

Full time elf
Yeah that was an old post. I'm curious what happened because the owner of Wally's is my friend and I've never known him to be anything but polite. I always thought its the responsibility of the shipper to file a claim since they are the ones that made the deal with UPS. What did the UPS tracking status say? I know at my house they now send a photo of the package sitting on my porch and I have camera footage to backup any claims of deliveries.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Agree - I've placed about a dozen orders with Wally's and only had to contact them about one (one of the jacks on a board wasn't 100% working)... they resolved it no problem. They always respond to product inquiries promptly and ship like lightning when they say they will. Can't say the same about some other vendors I've contacted.

What happens when a shipment is sent and doesn't arrive, or gets stolen off the porch - I can't say... but I have to imagine that it is super frustrating for everyone, hope it got resolved eventually.

LoboArcher

New elf
True. But if the buyer has verified proof they never arrived. It shouldnt be the buyer who bites the bullet. I could see a buyer using an excuse of item never arrived if the seller sent to the wrong address

Gilrock

Full time elf
True. But if the buyer has verified proof they never arrived. It shouldnt be the buyer who bites the bullet. I could see a buyer using an excuse of item never arrived if the seller sent to the wrong address
At this point I will trust Wally over someone that has only posted 1 message on this forum and never came back.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Agree - I've placed about a dozen orders with Wally's and only had to contact them about one (one of the jacks on a board wasn't 100% working)... they resolved it no problem. They always respond to product inquiries promptly and ship like lightning when they say they will. Can't say the same about some other vendors I've contacted.

What happens when a shipment is sent and doesn't arrive, or gets stolen off the porch - I can't say... but I have to imagine that it is super frustrating for everyone, hope it got resolved eventually.
This is exactly what shipping insurance is all about. The problem is that most people know that the item shipped is "insured", what they do not realize is that the standard insurance covers about $100 of materials. If you want a $3,000 order to be covered you will be charged more for shipping insurance.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
This thread has run its course. An opinion on a vendor has been raised, others have refuted those claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.