Mega trees

Juddge

Apprentice elf
Hi everyone , I made a DIY tree out of pixel seeds , but they are very floppy and sway around too much in the wind - I’m going to recycle the seeds as matrix panels
So I want to get a tree , preferably - a high pixel count , with a lot of strands
I want to
Use my HE123 with as many strings as possible
So the tree is tight and very pleasant to view

where did everyone get their trees from
In Australia
And I’m going to need a few thousand pixels

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Edcon steel for the post, Ray Wu pixels, Bunnings for all the winch, pulleys, steel cables, sleeve, concrete, Extreme Lighting Displays for the MT strip, @BooY for the topper, and my wife found the base(trampoline) on gumtree from a local

Completely DIY

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
No real pre-built options, everyone's needs and budget will vary.
There's an enitire section of the forums dedicated to megatrees including a database pinned at the top where members share what compenents they used which might be helpful

Kent

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
Just a comment on tensioning the MT seeds - I ended up with the solution below.

The original concept started as I wanted the width at the base to be a bit wider than the trampoline base I had available, so decided to print some extender arms.
It turned out this allowed me to get pretty good tension control because of the way they clamp to the base ring. Basically screw the clamp so that it is mostly tight, push down on the arm at the seed end to get the right 'feel' for the tension, whilst tightening the screw to clamp with the other hand.
I also used these brackets to ensure the correct alternate node spacing on each string.

If you're venturing east before pack up, I'd be more than happy to show it in person. @Skymaster isn't far from me and I'm sure he'd be happy to show you his MT with bullets approach.

PXL_20231226_053403888.jpg

Juddge

Apprentice elf
ok - that looks amazing
i may have to look into that myself
do you hapen to have the STL file for those ?

Adsy

Full time elf
Its barely not windy where I am so these are a good idea are as I have a had some strips let go this season20231227_152616[1].jpg

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
If you're venturing east before pack up, I'd be more than happy to show it in person. @Skymaster isn't far from me and I'm sure he'd be happy to show you his MT with bullets approach.
Yep more than happy to go through any part of my display with anyone who wants to see it.

Rickras85

Apprentice elf
I’ve got a 48 x 200 string tree. 40nb heavy duty pipe with a load brake winch to haul it up . I got my own laser cut 10mm topper and the good old 8ft tramp ring strips from boscoyo.

Attachments

• IMG_7712.jpeg
    IMG_7712.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18

CDI.083

New elf

if you're chasing a kit. Just assemble and add pixels. Out of stock variants will be back instock in the new year apparently