Ray Wu - In spreadsheet form

YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
that is great caf could you add pics to it also???

just a idea

I'd already thought of that. That's relatively trivial to scrape once I have the link, although not sure in google docs.

If only his specs were that easy... even manually reading them all I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes.

You should see the system I use when hunting for rentals, scrapes the main two sites, keeps track of re-listings, price drops, notes, images and ratings as well as bringing in google searches for the address (useful to see if it's a long term rental and previous rental rates) and google maps (from there does a rough roof calculation to approximate size).

The more I can do at my PC to save myself one second running around I'm in for LOL.

dale82 said:
Great Idea mate, Thanks for sharing

I did it for my own sanity as the site did my head in. I confess to regretting it after a few hours of 30 Ray tabs open at a time and trying to interpret them. By 2am it was spinning.

Now that I beaten google around the ears a little bit and told it that I do speak English regardless of the google app that I'm reading, the document now has English headers unlike what was in my screenshot from a day or 2 ago.

Nice work caffeine now that I can actually understand it.

Nice Job, Now lets see if the Link is still good in 5 years :p

This will no doubt come in very useful

-Vic

My method has always been to either use a link from my purchase history. Or I just browse the latest posts in the forum since Eddy is always showing someone what pixels to buy several times a week. :)

I just checked out this spreadsheet to look at that pixel strips I use. I still get confused. If you goto pixel strips and filter to 12V and WS2811 there are 2 results and I sure can't tell what the difference is between the two.

WOW This is awesome. Just getting started out, I have been struggling through Ray's site looking for things. Thank you Caffeine.

John

No worries. The images aren't working 100% of the time, but good enough.

Note: I will try and keep an eye on this, but it's a community resource. Please feel free to update add/remove when you find mistakes or new products.

CopperCreekLights-> Yup, I noticed duplicates that I couldn't differentiate but that's how the site is it seems. If other users can pick the difference, or know that one should be used in preference to the other give them a clean up :)

Change the filter under the voltage column. Apparently it leaves it wherever the last person had it so since I filtered to 12V and didn't know about that it made it so that everyone only sees 12V when they come into it.

caffeine said:
No worries. The images aren't working 100% of the time, but good enough.

Note: I will try and keep an eye on this, but it's a community resource. Please feel free to update add/remove when you find mistakes or new products.

CopperCreekLights-> Yup, I noticed duplicates that I couldn't differentiate but that's how the site is it seems. If other users can pick the difference, or know that one should be used in preference to the other give them a clean up :)

i just wanted to say thanks! This so MUCH better than seaching the web. i cross posted your link to falcon christmas and to diyc.

great job!!

+1 on doing this and I hope we can all help you keep it up to date. I found a few things I didn't know Ray had for module types.

Alan

Back