Sacramento heat

Gordon

New elf
I’m looking at doing semi-permanent Holiday lights and incorporating landscape/foliage/walkway/security lights in Sacramento California. The intention is year around use, July and August have an average high of 94F/61C.

What horrible things might happen to the pixels? How can that be circumvented?

Thanks in advance.

Gordon

New elf
Doh! Proof I'm a metric challenged American. 61 should have been the average low for July/Aug ( in Fahrenheit ).

Dreamin

Full time elf
Pretty much your pixels will turn brown but it won't effect the light output. We average in the mid 20s to mid 30s here, high humidity and they don't get impacted much. I have big boxes, so don't use fans but I know others do.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I'm in California as well and know the Sacramento summer. I have left stuff up year round for years with no issues. The lenses and bases have fallen off C9 Pixabulbs after 4-5 seasons, lights still work. The insulation/jacketing on the wire on pixel strings will start to fade and eventually leave bare wire after 5+ years. I leave my second story C9's up year round and just replace every 4 years or so. I've had way more issues storing my display in an unvented cargo container than leaving up year round for multiple years.