Snow machine

Tristan

New elf
Hi all. Was looking at buying 2 AVE SNOW1500 snow machines this year. Turns out they are discontinued.
Does anyone use snow machines? The small portable type, not the huge road case variety.
Do you program it? Or just trigger manually?

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I trigger mine manually (home automation), because the kids are playing in it constantly and it is a waste of fluid when no one is around.

Kids are happy with any machine... even a small snow machine.
The BeamZ SNOW600 units which are made of plastic look good because the metal units rust a lot after their first year.
My two machines are 600w each (effectively the blower wattage).

A few spots in this video is the snow machines:
Spoiler content hidden. Log in to see this content.

Jase

New elf
I've got a beamZ 1500 that I ended up pulling down (I was triggering it with DMX during my show) and just using for the kids now. It chews the fluid like crazy and is just way too noisy to run during the show. Also the snow gets lost in the night sky unless you have some specific lights shining up into it to make it visible.

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
I tried a snow machine last year... Way too loud, basically have to run it between shows but then noone is there to enjoy it.

Tristan

New elf
I've got a beamZ 1500 that I ended up pulling down (I was triggering it with DMX during my show) and just using for the kids now. It chews the fluid like crazy and is just way too noisy to run during the show. Also the snow gets lost in the night sky unless you have some specific lights shining up into it to make it visible.
How often were you running it?
How.much juice were you going through?

I was planning on a kids show each night at sunset and thinking of 5mins, once a night.