UCS 2904 Pix

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Greetings--

Can I run UCS 2904 pixels from a PiCap and a Falcon Long range receiver?

Thanks!

merryoncherry

Senior elf
Probably.

I'm taking educated guesses as I don't own any of these things.

Misread the question the first time... now I am thinking you are asking "can I run UCS 2904 from a PiCap" and also "can I run UCS 2904 from a Falcon + Long Range Receiver". (As I don't think a PiCap will send to a Falcon Long Range Receiver without a pixel to differential board.)

Will UCS 2904 work with typical SPI controllers? The data sheet https://www.artleds.com/images/Specs/UCS2904-Datasheet.pdf suggests it will, as it is 800kbps serial like everything else, but it doesn't go into the timings. People who have tried say that it does work, but is not always be compatible with other brands of pixels in the same chain. Note that 2904 is 4-color, such as RGBW. That works in xLights, but takes some fussing, as the xLights color model is hopelessly entangled with RGB.

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Thanks for taking a look. Yes. I was wondering if they would work with a PiCap and separately, a smart receiver. I'd like to use them in those two separate instances.
I'm curious as to the steps of fussing that would be required in Xlights. I guess it's not too surprising that I've only worked with RGB in Xlights to date.