xLights online class - Friday night June 10 2016 at 8pm eastern standard time

Benslights

Dedicated elf
ok guys Keith has offered to do a online class this friday night.

using zoom.us

what would you like to be in the class this friday night???

Red

l kill you
Re: online xlights class this friday nightthe 10th of june 8pm eastern standard time

count me in ,pls ruduph

roo

Full time elf
Re: online xlights class this friday nightthe 10th of june 8pm eastern standard time

id try to be there

mellowcouple

Full time elf

That's great count me in.

Ron

keithsw1111

Senior elf

I will post the zoom link here Friday night ... and in chat

Benslights

Dedicated elf

all good to be counted in but what do you want to learn. as keith needs time to prepare

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT

i might be keen it doesnt mean i am going to convert lol
nah i would be keen

roo

Full time elf

Like to see how to do a custom model by camera and video again

Binny

Apprentice elf

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to help us.

I have two areas I would love to know more about.

1. Setting up various controllers, with correct Universe according to lights. At the moment I have a separate Universe appointed to each element. I am wasting a lot of available space.

2. How to add a video in sync to a sequence.

Thanks.

Binny.

roo

Full time elf

I also would like to know how to change xlights to another pc and not loosing anything

StuartW

Apprentice elf
Keith thanks for offering to do this it will be nice to have a class at a time that we can participate in.

I would like to do some advanced uses of the superstar type effects eg: Morph,Galaxy etc with layering.

Looking at the responses so far I think it might be an idea to run a poll to gauge peoples leave of experience with Xlights, you could have something along these lines
Never use it
Tried but couldn't figure it out
Have a basic idea
Used it last year
Fully confident with it.

It might help to give you an idea of the direction to head with this first class. I did say first class as I hope you will continue with more in the future as long as you don't slow down on writing code :D
What ever subject you decide to cover I will be joining in as you can always learn something.

Stuart

Homer2014

Apprentice elf
G'day

I'd like to be on that class.

Would be good to learn anything about xlights but especially ways of sequencing the 2 wire & 3 wire store bought light sets.

Cheers

gerry

Senior elf
Bummer .. I will be on the plane flying back.

Are u planning to record it .. As if so , will peruse for stuff to add to the manual.

And thanks for doing it.

Regards

bbayjohn

Senior elf
gerry said:
Bummer .. I will be on the plane flying back.

Are u planning to record it .. As if so , will peruse for stuff to add to the manual.

And thanks for doing it.

Regards

All good, using zoom.us has the capability to record and link will be given out Friday night.

I Like all the above suggestions regarding xlights . Maybe it could start off with the basics and grow from there. I would also like to learn about Converting our files and others to xlights. Maybe also about networking would be helpful. Oh I have so many questions. Thank you Keith