12v pixels acting up... power or signal issue?

DamnRock

New elf
I have a short section of 12v pixels (C9 bulb style) at the top of my roof... 24' extension from the ESPixelStick to the first bulb... 135 bulbs total, 6" spacing. There is a 10' gap between 58 and 59. Around bulb 62ish (a few pixels into the 2nd section) it occasionally starts acting up. Most of the time it works great. But when it does mess up, the bulbs after that point stay on for a while and the few in that area flicker...

I'm running the section at 50%. I know the run is too long for 100% (the very end flickers when I run it at 100%). I was planning to run injection to the 58/59 jump. It'll be a 30' extension to the power supply.

SO, does this sound like an issue of power or signal? Do you think injecting at 58/59 will help? This is my first year, so I'm not sure what tricks to try. If power is unlikely, I may not run the injection, as I don't need to run the C9 pixels higher than 50%. I do have a couple Pixa Boost amplifiers, but I thought those were for much longer runs, and given the pixels just prior (4" away) are working correctly, I thought a working pixel effectively cleaned up the signal to the next.

Thoughts?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I've had data issues with 10ft extensions. The fact that the first few pixels act fine points to a dodgy pixel to me. If it's a voltage issue you can drop the intensity to 20-30% to test.