1st computerised/sequenced display walkthrough

buzzdude

Full time elf
DavidJ247 said:
buzzdude said:
Excellent video David. It was great to see the star in action, after you bought it to the mini last year. I think a lot of new people will find this very helpful. Shane.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
Cheers Shane, yes really pleased with how the old star worked out. Highly recommend if anyone has some old wireframe props to add some pixels, gives them a whole new life and you can do so much more with them.

I hope some new folks do find the video useful, I know when I was first learning some stuff made sense when I read it but other things I just had to see before it clicked for me.

How did your dalek mini trees work over Christmas? Those things were great at the mini.

The trees were great, I was really happy, when I had notes from people left in the letter box, about my show. I ended up writing the words to jingle bells also on the trees. One family sat in their car for half an hour and then knocked on my door to say thanks. I was wrapped.

One couple drove over from Berwick three times with the kids and we're dancing around the front for ages.

I'm now working what to add next year.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Keep your eyes peeled on Kmart around September. That's when the Christmas range is usually hitting stores ;)

DavidJ247

Full time elf

videoman3857

Full time elf

drakky

Senior elf
Hi David what dimensions are the stars , I've made up a template, going to trying and make something similar out of corflute , these are 265 high x 280 wide
A3 paper Width basically

Attachments

• 20170622171408.pdf
    38.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Hi David what dimensions are the stars , I've made up a template, going to trying and make something similar out of corflute , these are 265 high x 280 wide
A3 paper Width basically
Hi Drakky, just read this now, sorry I must have missed it when you posted.
My stars are packed away and hard to get to but 280mm sounds about right. Does anyone have one of the Kmart metal stars on hand to measure, feel free to chime in.
Template looks great, keen to see the finished product, keep us posted.