2 questions, master cue list and media playback

candlelight

New elf
trying to create a master cue list that will control the starting of other cue lists.. it looks like I do this by using the "shortcut" field in the cue list editor. But how do I create a shortcut to the other cue list?
my theory here is, create a master cue list that then fires off other cue lists simultaneously. one cue list would control my arches, another cue list would control my led matrix and so on.. Am I on the right track here??
the other problem i'm running into is when I play multiple cue lists simultaneously (using the "cue playbacks") it seems the media file is playing twice (at the same time, like there is an echo)... I'm using the same media playback effect in both cue lists. Is there a way to make each cue list listen to the timecode of the master cue list instead of having the media playback effect on each cue list?

Or am I setting this up completely wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

candlelight

New elf
well, I assume since there were no replies that not too many people are using this software, or i'm just crazy.. or maybe both..
Anyway, since I learned immense amounts of stuff from this forum I thought it might be helpful if I post a daily update as I learn this software (which so far i'm very impressed with it!) and setup my show which debuts on May 24th if all goes well. This year's show will use about 6,000 pixels. (will only be my second year using pixels) Would it be helpful if I post pictures of the installation and wiring as well? you guys could probably tell me what i'm doing wrong that way :eek:
I know, super far behind, seeing as i'm just starting programming hopefully today and haven't built any of my new props yet.... I got some long days ahead of me....
Anyway let me know what you think....

Klanook

New elf
I believe your in the right track both with the timecode and the master cue list. You really don't want the media playing in two different lists. There will be tiny delays in playing one of the files (as you have described) that Basicly comes from the file being accessed twice and LFP having to run 2 copies of the media playback effect. Check out martins latest video on the LFP YouTube account. He gets into media based timecode control.

I'm still at the early desidng phase of getting all my fixtures entered,patched and grouped. Designing cues comes soon.