2-Wire Color Changing (Multiple) Protocol

Exengprof

New elf
Specific to the img2927 pic question, the other side of the board had no electronics, only the surface mount RGB leds. Try as I could, the ic number is not present on the ic. Not sure if it’s cleaned off with something (acid?), or never there.
the controller does have an IR inputting, but I’m not trying to recreate that. I’m looking to program a fixed color with a micro (PIC, Raspberry pi, Arduino) to create the pattern.

Reactions: AAH

TerryK

Retired Elf
Referencing the img2927 image, even though you may not know the exact components, can you see the PCB traces and develope a schematic? If you have never done anything like this, a bright focused beam will 'shadow' traces through a board and silkscreen.

djkoren

New elf
I bought these a while back and could find anyone who knew what QED3110 was. Let alone a controller that could run them. but the company I got them from had a DMX to the QED3110 protocol converter. That's works great if you only want to control 170 pixel. The pixels looked awesome! Only issue is the the refresh rate is a bit slower than most RGB pixels these days. The supplier said their controllers can run 512 pixels on one dmx output. But the controllers they were using were big and bulky so I never perused it anymore. Also wanted some larger pixels snd different shapes but they didn't have any plans for for change. I didn't do much more with them after that. Figured let technology catch up.