2018.24 released
6 enhancements, 3 bugs

Latest releases are found at www.xlights.org
Videos tutorials are found at videos.xlights.org
Forums are located at nutcracker123.com/forum
Issue Tracker is found here: www.github.com/smeighan/xLights/issues

XLIGHTS/NUTCRACKER RELEASE NOTES
---------------------------------
-- enh (keith) Remove flag that prevents effects grid paste until a copy has been performed
-- bug (keith) Fix non default perspective with floating windows does not load correctly
-- bug (keith/scott) FPP Connect unable to find/upload sequences if not saving FSEQ files in show folder
-- enh (scott) Added Refresh Button to FPP Connect USB Upload
2018.24 August 5, 2018
-- enh (keith) Allow exclusion of channels in xFade from blending/brightness control
-- enh (keith) Add a sample on warp mode which samples a pixel from the underlying layer and sets the whole model to that colour
-- enh (keith) Add optional render cache ... likely to improve average render times by 30-50%.
-- bug (keith) Fix initialisation of model individual start channels
-- bug (keith) Rework unmask again as the last rework only handled pure black ... this version restores the old unmask which doesnt really unmask and adds a true unmask.
-- enh (keith) Add ESC key to cancel of render all
-- bug (keith) Fix transparent GIFs not rendering correctly
-- enh (keith) Add "Play specified playlist if not playing <playlist name>" and "Play specified playlist if nothing playing <playlist name>" commands to xSchedule
-- enh (dkulp) Introduce multithreading to layer blending

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Greetings from the Gold Coast,
Last year, I read something about "if you're controlling zillions of lights then install the 64-bit version of xlights, otherwise just install the 32-bit version".
Does that advice still stand, as I have just installed the 2018-23 32-bit version on a 64-bit PC, and I was prompted to install the 64-bit version instead ?

Best regards,
Santa Claws

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
pretty much, if you have a 64 bit PC, install the 64 bit xLights (uninstall the 32bit version 1st)
It will be able to use more RAM and thus render and process etc faster
Keith would explain this better :)

dkulp

Full time elf
The new render cache stuff in .24 is only enabled on 64bit as it consumes a ton of memory. Definitely go with 64bit if your machine/os can do it.

SantaClaws

Apprentice elf
Thanks to all who responded to my request for advice, much appreciated.
I shall uninstall the 32bit ver and then install the 64bit ver, as recommended.