2019 Minis

QLDKing(Brad)

Senior elf
I raised this in chat but wondered what would be the interest in arranging the 2019 (or maybe even 2020) minis on successive weekends to allow the international members to attend? For instance, Adelaide one weekend, Melbourne the next followed by NSW. It would allow time to travel between each location and see a bit of the country at the same time.

Just putting it out there for discussion more than anything. :)

Brad

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
@QldKing(Brad), are you an 'international' member who is thinking of attending a few AU Minis next year? ;);)

But more seriously, it is a nice idea. Dodging long weekends, school holidays and venue availability does make it harder though. If you look at this year's mini dates there is a Mini almost every weekend between April 21-22 and June 16-17. The three weekends without Minis are not your average weekend in every part of AU:
  • May 5-6 (long weekend QLD/NT only)
  • May 12-13 (Mothers Day weekend)
  • June 9-10 (long weekend except QLD/WA)

Two Minis on back-to-back weekends is certainly possible... or even three, with some dates coordination. So are any overseas members keen to come down under for a mid-year's winter holiday (and visit a Mini...or two...or three) next year? ;)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
As the US also does some Xmas expos etc which the odd few people attend it could make it even more of a challenge to find suitable weekends.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Yes is great idea but we do find it hard enough each year too have our local people too attend due too holidays work or crows game ! Obviously without the local members wouldn't be a mini at all so I feel thats first priority . But if it could happen would be great to see international members and share experience s and stories .

Benslights

Dedicated elf
yeah nice idea but we find it hard enough trying to cater for the locals with all the dates. plus Australia is a long way away from most other countries and if they wanted to come im sure most would only go to 1 mini and then spend time in that state doing the tourist thing. so really they can do that already if they wanted to come.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
yeah nice idea but we find it hard enough trying to cater for the locals with all the dates. plus Australia is a long way away from most other countries and if they wanted to come im sure most would only go to 1 mini and then spend time in that state doing the tourist thing. so really they can do that already if they wanted to come.

Ditto, Never going to happen

ElSalZi

Full time elf
Did a little research into getting a visa into the Eastern States and apparently I have to WaitAwhile... ;)

But it’s possible...:p