2023 AusChristmasLighting Around the World sequence (ACLATW) - Sounds of Then (This is Australia) - Submit by 18 Dec 2023

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Hi All @Danielr has kindly added Moving Heads to the XLAA sequence. I have placed the file download for the Moving Heads in the same location you will find the sequence.

You just need to select "Moving Head Sequence Only" in the drop down options on the link.

Big thanks to Daniel for sequencing the Moving Heads, they look great!

vk3heg

Full time elf

🦘
xLights Around Australia 2023
🦘

This years xLights Around Australia sequence is now available to download.

I don't have any decent video recording gear, can we submit our show from xlights export to mp4?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I don't have any decent video recording gear, can we submit our show from xlights export to mp4?
You just need a mobile phone, they are pretty darn good these days.
Force the manual exposure and focus options, sit it somewhere it can see the whole display and you're set.
Most videos you see online that people shoot of their lights is not done using anything professional or "decent" to use that phrase.

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
I ran the XLAA sequence on my display last night and it looks great! I'll be starting the recording of all my sequences in the next week or so and send a link when done :)

vk3heg

Full time elf
You just need a mobile phone, they are pretty darn good these days.
Force the manual exposure and focus options, sit it somewhere it can see the whole display and you're set.

I only have a Google Pixel 3. It only has from above "Exposure: adjust brightness & shadows" There are no options for focus (That I can find).

Did go and look at a Pixel 7a last week, but haven't done anything yet as it pushes my plan upto $70 per month.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
For those with an android based phone look for an app called "Open Camera". it adds a lot of additional functionality. I record everything on my Samsung s20 and was having a hard time. a couple people recommended it and it works very nicely.

Dreamin

Full time elf
I only have a Google Pixel 3. It only has from above "Exposure: adjust brightness & shadows" There are no options for focus (That I can find).

Did go and look at a Pixel 7a last week, but haven't done anything yet as it pushes my plan upto $70 per month.
You might be able to get a camera app that has more settings. I use one on my iphone.

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf

Further to what @Dreamin said, I've used OpenCamera before on Android for some good results, gives you complete control.

vk3heg

Full time elf
For those with an android based phone look for an app called "Open Camera". it adds a lot of additional functionality. I record everything on my Samsung s20 and was having a hard time. a couple people recommended it and it works very nicely.

Thanks. I've installed "open camera" and will have a play.