4KQ Christmas lights Competition

Pircy

Full time elf
Hi All

A heads up to all those people in the greater Brisbane area that the 4KQ Christmas lights Competition is open to enter. However before you do there are some significant changes to the judging process.

The most significant is that judges will no longer come to your house for preliminary judging. Instead you are required to send up to 5 photos and/or up to 2 minutes of unedited video to 4KQ. They will then pull their top 4 entrants in each category from these photo/video entries and judge those 4 entries in person only.

I have sent a few emails to clarify a number of points, but essentially what this means for those who enter the comp is that you need to build your entire display BEFORE you can enter as they need to judge your 2017 entry digitally. And if you send it in whilst your display is incomplete you are reducing your chances of reaching that top 4.

I explained that one cannot photograph ambience, feel or mood. I also made the point that it really changes the game in terms of giving those with photographic skill a massive edge.

So some food for thought for those of us that compete each year.